Mats Moller Daehli is making the most his move to Molde, and having been placed on the same level as Adnan Januzaj by United legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, now sees himself rubbing shoulders with Europe’s best.
Daehli left United this summer for £1.5m amidst fears of his progression and claims of homesickness and since returning to Molde has become a revelation.
The former youth team player of the year won plaudits for his performance in the Nowegian cup semi final against Lillestrom leading Solskjaer to claim Daehli was every bit as good as United man of the moment Adnan Januzaj.
1. Sergio Busquets (Barcelona) – 387/408 = 94.85
2. Fransesco Matuzalem (Genoa) – 203/215 = 94.42
3. Andres Iniesta (Barcelona) – 436/465 = 93.76
4. Xavi Hernández (Barcelona) – 639/685 = 93.28
5. Mathieu Flamini (Arsenal) 261/281 = 92.88
6. Geoffrey Kondogbia (Monaco) 309/355 = 92.24
7. Thiago Motta (PSG) 509/552 = 92.21
8. Toni Kroos (Bayern München) 437/474 = 92.19
9. Mats Møller Dæhli (Molde) 249/271 = 91.88
10. Nigel De Jong (Milan) 377/411 = 91.73
Daehli is the youngest player on the list and given the names that are also on it and that he sits above, is a very impressive feat. There is talk of him being promoted to the senior Norwegian squad, understandable considering how well he is doing.
Thankfully, Daehli revealed in an interview after his move that United that the club inserted a buy back clause into the deal.