As part of the 2018 tour, Old Trafford’s Manchester United football club will play five games when they return in July to the United States. One of the five games would be against their arch rival, Liverpool.
Teams to be faced by Manchester United on Tour
The Reds are scheduled to fly to the United States on the 15th of July after which they will be playing two friendly matches against Club America on the 19th of July, and San Jose Earthquakes on the 22nd of July. After the friendlies they would be taking part in three International Champions Cup matches, playing against AC Milan and Liverpool on the 25th of July, and Real Madrid on the 28th of July.
Fixtures for the tour matches
1. Manchester United Vs Club America: July 19th @19:00 local time. Venue: Phoenix University Stadium. This will be the first game of the Tour 2018 presented by Aon. The Eagles, based in Mexico City, have previously played against Manchester United (the Reds) in the year 2015. During the face-off, which took place in Seattle, over 45,000 supporters were in attendance. Manchester United came out on top; with the match score being 1-0 after Morgan Scheiderlin scored the only goal in the match. The stadium capacity for this year’s match would be the entire 75,000-capacity of the Phoenix University Stadium.
2. Manchester United Vs San Jose Earthquakes: July 22nd @14:00 local time. Venue: Levi’s Stadium. This fixture has the potential for over 60,000 fans to be in attendance at the Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California. It would be the second match of the Tour 2018. Sanjose Earthquakes compete in the Western Conference of MLS. Based in San Jose, California, the San Jose Earthquakes have also previously tangoed with the Reds in 2015. The match took place at the California Memorial Stadium. Juan Mata, Memphis Depay, and Andreas Pereira scored the three goals of the match in favour of Manchester United 3-1 Sanjose Earthquakes.
3. Manchester United Vs AC Milan: July 25th @20:05 local time. Venue: Rosebowl Stadium. This will be the Red’s third game of the Tour in the International Champions Cup. AC Milan came out on top back in 2004, in New Jersey, with a 9-8 win through a penalty shoot-out against Manchester United. That was the last time they played against the Reds in pre-season.
4. Manchester United Vs Liverpool: July 28th @17:05 local time. Venue: Michigan Stadium. This is the second biggest venue in the world. In the Premier League of last season, the Reds were undefeated against Jurgen Klopp’s side. There was a goalless draw at Anfield after which a glorious victory of 2-1 happened at Old Trafford. This fixture of July 28 will be one of the fiercest rivalries in English football.
5. Manchester United Vs Real Madrid: July 31st @20:05 local time. Venue: Hard Rock Stadium. This will be the final match of the 2018 Tour. Manchester United will be playing against the winners of the Champions League (Real Madrid) in Miami. During the Champions cup which took place at Santa Clara, California, the Reds defeated Los Blancos on penalties. However, the Spanish side got their redemption in the UEFA Super Cup match the following month.
Viewing Channels for the fixtures
Do not miss a second of any of the matches as they would be streamed live globally on the internet at MUTV.com. The MUTV app is also available. In the UK and Ireland, Sky or Virgin Media’s MUTV will also be airing the matches.
Where to purchase match tickets
You can get your tickets booked and take full advantage of a wide range of seating choices. You would be enabled to conveniently focus on your plans for a stateside trip to see the Reds live in action.